We are seeking a seasoned Procurement Manager to direct all purchasing activities of our well-established, well-respected and financially secure company.
The Procurement Manager will support the design and manufacture of high-performance aviation and aerospace systems and platforms.
- Plan/direct all purchasing of the organization’s required goods and services.
- Analyze ERP information/data to facilitate action ensuring optimal plant and production line supply chain execution.
- Source domestic and international vendors and materials, solicit quotes and negotiate pricing to improve productivity and cost savings. Procure raw materials and quality products.
- Evaluate quotes for accuracy, price, compliance to specifications, and conformance to quality standards and production scheduling.
- Evaluate cost efficient inbound/outbound transport methods.
- Plan and direct policies and procedures for the purchasing dept.
- Manage and evaluate purchasing staff including training, planning, assigning and directing employee work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing concerns and resolving problems.
- Other duties as requested to facilitate company performance.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business/business management/supply chain or related.
- 5-10 years of purchasing experience in an aviation/aerospace or machined parts manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of direct personnel management.
- Certified Purchasing Manager credentials (preferred).
- Advanced knowledge/experience working with an ERP/MRP. ExactMAX experience highly desired.
- Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction concepts training/experience.
- Experience with SPC principles/methodology.
- APICs training highly desired.
- Experience and/or familiarity with ISO9001/AS9100
- Principles of Accounting
We offer competitive salaries plus an excellent benefit package including Med/Dental/Vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, short term disability and life insurance, and tuition reimbursement plans. We are committed to providing excellent work/life balance for all employees and offer a work environment that is innovative and collaborative.