WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Be responsible for maintenance operations in a manufacturing environment; including design, installation, construction, modification/modernization, of physical facilities and equipment (power, water, waste water treatment, chemical, distribution, air abatement, piping systems, HVAC, lighting, space utilization, etc.) used to produce quality products. The Facilities Engineer will focus on improving processes (safety, quality, productivity, cost) and maintaining facilities and grounds. Supports safety, environmental and continuous improvement projects and works with contractors in maintaining our facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Evaluate equipment and system performance; troubleshoot and develop corrective action plans; upgrade/expand plant equipment and systems.
• Implement electricity, water and gas savings measures using operational data to justify and verify the savings including interfacing with utility providers to forecast usage and rates for water consumption and sewer discharge and/or modification of existing equipment and systems for the purpose of improving efficiency, safety, reliability, capacity and cost effectiveness.
• Interpret regulatory codes for compliance to local, state and federal codes.
• Manage and implement all phases of new construction and renovation/upgrade projects including planning, design, construction, and commissioning.
• Prepare written project plans which may include budgets, staffing, schedules, coordination etc.
• Contract with and oversee the activities of various contractors and consultants as needed.
• Provide SOP and specs governing the operation and maintenance of facility systems and equipment.
• Develop installation packages for the hook-up, demolition or relocation of production equipment.
• Manage plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
• Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CBI policies and procedures; maintain a clean, hazard-free work areas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
• Experience in Facilities Engineering role in an industrial manufacturing facility.
• Strong Capital Project Management Skills
• Solid Communication and Negotiating Skills
• Design Experience with Auto CAD and Inventor Software
Large company environment where a positive attitude is paramount. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.