Join a leading OEM in the aerospace, defense, naval, energy, and transportation industries who is providing innovative assembly solutions tailored to address specific engineering challenges.
Currently seeking experienced Mechanical Design Engineers who will design product as well as develop manufacturing packages (routers, drawings, models, and work instructions). Excellent growth opportunity for an engineer to take his/her career to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Develop product designs using solid modeling and CAD software (SolidWorks).
- Design 3D parts and complex assemblies using CAD; define part material selections and create appropriate dimensional drawings.
- Prepare equipment or material specs
- Research, design, evaluate and manufacture mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems and processes.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Maintain proper documentation in accordance with general manufacturing standards, customer specifications and company policies.
- Read and interpret customer and industry specs.
- Develop finite element simulations for a variety of mechanical systems, as well as use finite element as an effective design tool.
- Design and develop manufacturing methods, tooling, and processes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (MSc preferred)
* Proficient in 3D CAD modeling (must have SolidWorks experience)
* 3-5 years prior experience in a related field, industry, or work environment (required)
* A thorough knowledge of FEA as it pertains to non-linear solid mechanics
* LEAN Six-Sigma Green Belt or advanced preferred.
* Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook or similar programs.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, test plans, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.·
AHHH THOSE SOFT SKILLS: Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors and models a positive attitude to co-workers, customers and vendors at all times.
ABOUT US: With over 400 employees and growing, our company has expanded our reach to deliver solutions in new territories and new industries without sacrificing our firm commitment to ensure all employees have great career opportunity and work-life balance. We offer an excellent benefit package and look forward to speaking with you soon.